"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart."
- Kahlil Gibran
It is now the 25th of June and it's officially summer here in California. I've been busy working and celebrating these past few days but I'm back with some beauty hacks. If you don't know what beauty hacks are, they're basically tricks that help make your life a whole lot easier. These eight items in specific are quick fixes for various summer beauty problems.
Let's get started…
1. Sweat Stains during summer can be unpredictable. To remove them from clothing, squeeze lemon juice on the stains before washing.
2. There's no summer without Sunburns. To relieve burning skin, grab an egg and separate the yolk from the white. Rub the white all over the burn to help cool down the area.
3. To give your skin a Dewy Glow during the hot and dry summer days mix a small amount of liquid highlighter in with your foundation.
4. Summer is not the time to rock them Cracked Heels, to fix this icky problem, apply some Vaseline to them and put on a pair of socks right before going to bed
To make your Summer Fragrance last longer apply a light coat of Vaseline on pulse points, like inside your wrists. This will help the fragrance cling to the Vaseline instead of sinking into your skin.
6. Deodorant Stains are a problem, even when we're out of the summer months, to get rid of them, take an already used drier sheet and rub it over the area.
No one likes to deal with Staticky Hair, to tame it, grab a drier sheet and run it through the areas where there's static.
7. There's nothing worse than being at a summer event and suffering from mid-day sheen. To fix this, grab a small piece of a toilet seat cover and use it as Blotting Paper. It works perfectly.
8. During the summer when keeping hair up and out of the face is crucial, spraying Bobby Pins with hairspray will make them sticky which will help them stay in place.
I hope these few tricks were helpful, let me know in the comments what you think and don't hesitate to share any other beauty hacks you may know about :)
If you would like to stay updated with posts, you can do so on GFC by clicking on the small pink circles next to the “join this site” button or through Bloglovin!